It has been a long time coming for a new website redesign. With this 2014 iteration, I have decided to merge my professional (design), ministry (book reflections, theological thoughts, parenting), and personal (mostly photography, movies) musings into one blog. Thus, this site will “have it all.”
One brief note: I want this website to be readable, thus, I’ve given you a Dark or Light theme choice in the upper right-hand corner. This button has a “cookie” that will last for 7 days (it defaults to Light). Also, it should be a pleasant experience on various tablets and mobile devices (still working out font kinks on various devices). Please let me know if you run into any usability snags (or recommendations).
I would like for my post frequency to be daily, but I will set a twice weekly goal to begin with. My upcoming post plans include but are not limited to:
- A few parental reflections on The Difficult Child: Expanded and Revised Edition,
- and Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys,
- interspersed with posts on C. S. Lewis,
- life lessons from Harry Potter,
- leadership reflections for The Ender Saga,
- reflections on church administration (CCB, Planning Center Online),
- worship leading (new songs, theological reflections),
- website design, development, typography, etc,
- some of my favorite recent photographs,
- movie and TV reviews,
- and various other miscellanies.
For me, this is pretty ambitious/adventurous, but I want to discipline myself to reflect deeply on all sorts of things I’m interested in, and I hope that it can be useful for you.